Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Failure

Well, I the house was supposed to be finished this weekend. I've been waiting for pictures, and getting more and more nervous when none arrived.

Then today I got the bomb. Cathie wants more money. Wants me to pay her more for what she's already done, and then wants to add a whole lot more to paint and other things. Says the house still looks vacant: "It seems that no matter how many rugs, prints, accessories I bring in, the home absorbs the products continuing with the spacial feeling of vacancy. This is for several reasons - the large (and beautiful) open living, soft colored walls with no contrast and high ceiling (also beautiful!)."

But there is no more money, I told her there was no more money, and now all this effort was just a waste. All this money down the tubes. We're never going to sell this house.

And I don't know what else to do. It's so frustrating. The house is already priced well below market value. We dropped the price against our realtor's recommendations, and still no one wants to even see it.

I could cry. And I could scream. But mostly I just want to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment