Thursday, September 3, 2009

Staging, Day 2

The cleanup is finished. It's time for the side by side comparison. From afar, the house looks cleaner and tidier, and somehow less up on a hill. The whole look is a little more formal, yet certainly more welcoming. But that is just from a distance!

Who wouldn't want to come into this home. The planters full of mums really do bring you right up to the doorway. And the branches in the vase... how simple and welcoming. Dang, why did I never think of that?? It's funny, because I always thought of the house as a cottage or a bungalow (despite the fact that it's almost 4000 square feet), and if you had asked me, I would have thought that such a formal arrangement would make it kind of cold. How totally wrong can one be!

But even better, Cathie gave me back my front porch! It is back to being a place where you can share a beer with the neighbor, or read a book in the cool shade on a hot summers day.

No comments:

Post a Comment